1. Research as much as you can about the position and the company.
  2. Prepare questions that demonstrate genuine interest.
  3. Practice a set of stories and answers to the most common qüestions.

Job interviews can be some of the most nerve-racking moments in the job-hunting process. Even though I’ve done a decent amount of interviews in my life, I still get very nervous before a phone screen or zoom call with a potential employer.

The key with interviews is that it’s a skill you can learn. The more you practice, the more comfortable you feel during interviews, and the better you become at communicating your skills and qualities.

Last Friday I accepted an offer from a company I really like in the travel industry. The job-hunting process took me a total of four months, and I feel I’ve learned a lot during it.

During the last month, I did a total of 10 interviews with 5 different companies and received 2 great job offers. With every interview, I got a little better at communicating my skills and what I would bring to the table. Overall, I’m happy that I’ve been able to find work relatively quickly and at a company that I like.

I’ve discovered that interviewing well takes some careful preparation, and I wanted to share some helpful tips for acing interviews and landing the job you want.